Thursday, September 9, 2010

Travel diary by a staff member Coco.

A Visit to Kyoto in the Lingering Summer Heat



I recently stayed at Tawaraya, a well-established Japanese style inn in Kyoto.
This exclusive inn normally refuses to book first-time visitors, but they do accept reservations through our website.
Before checking in, I had lunch at Yoshikawa, Kyoto's finest tempura restaurant.
All of the food, in particular the last vegetable and seafood tempura dish, was just delicious!

After lunch, I headed over to Tawaraya to drop off my luggage. As soon as I got out of the taxi, two employees rushed over to take my bags.
They then wished me a pleasant stay and saw me off as I headed to the Kyoto Takahashi Fan Shop.

I had a lively chat about Japanese fans with the store owner as I chose one to buy.
They even threw in a small souvenir. They also served some refreshing perilla juice--quite tasty!

Afterwards, I made my way back to Tawaraya.
The inn was adorned with flower arrangements everywhere, creating a relaxing, exquisitely Japanese atmosphere.
Each room offered a unique view of the inner garden. As I enjoyed the peace and quiet, I savored a warabimochi, a sweet jelly-like dessert, made of 100% natural ingredients.
Already feeling completely refreshed, I decided to soak in an open-air bath before enjoying a meal of carefully-prepared Japanese cuisine.
Finally I lay down for the night on a mattress with a soft, hemp cover, and I slept like a baby.
I really had a wonderful time in Kyoto, and I highly recommend this trip for visitors to Japan.
I look forward to booking your reservation!


◆e-mail nts@japan-rn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment